AHS clan forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AHS clan forums

Forums for the Aspen Highschool Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rediculously fast hotkeys

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FighterAce

FighterAce

Rediculously fast hotkeys Empty
PostSubject: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:19 pm

This does not only apply to AoE3, but almost all RTS games

aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,38293,,all

Super friking fast. APM goes up like 300. (if any of u non rts nerds know what apm is)
Back to top Go down
Wakeen

Wakeen

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Because I totally want to cut my time by another 2 seconds, and make it so whenever I hit a key accidentally I make units.
Back to top Go down
FighterAce

FighterAce

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:33 pm

You are such a noob. You can never escape pvt. unless you use hotkeys or stop being a nub.
Back to top Go down
Wakeen

Wakeen

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:35 pm

GOLLY BATMAN! ANOTHER WHOLE 2 SECONDS?
Back to top Go down
FighterAce

FighterAce

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:38 pm

I bet I save 10 vill seconds a minute. thats like another frickin unit. you win like that. well you do at MS+ (lol ptv)
Back to top Go down
Wakeen

Wakeen

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:39 pm

I bet you save like 2 seconds, if any.
Back to top Go down
FighterAce

FighterAce

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:40 pm

well, if you were actually good at aoe, then you might be able to talk. (oh dis)
Back to top Go down
Wakeen

Wakeen

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Lol umad. If you're constantly making villies, how do you save time? If you're constantly making troops, how do you save time?
Back to top Go down
FighterAce

FighterAce

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Great new thing called herding, vill and military micro, scouting, creeping, ect ect
Back to top Go down
Wakeen

Wakeen

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Wait, what? Training times, then to micro? wat
Back to top Go down
FighterAce

FighterAce

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:47 pm

You need to be herding you hunts toward your base. you need to be getting upgrades. you need to be building units. you need to be building buildings. It takes time to scroll the map to buildings and units. it takes almost no time to press a button. This is great for keeping up vill and military production during a battle.
Back to top Go down
Wakeen

Wakeen

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:50 pm

It also takes almost no time to click on a minimap. Seriously, I can click the minimap click the building, do what I want, be on my way.
Back to top Go down
FighterAce

FighterAce

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:54 pm

Uggh. Its simply faster to hit two keys then it is to stop what your doing, move the mouse to the minimap, move it to the bulding, move it to a unit, move it back to the mini map, and continue what you are doing. Altough this might only save one or less seconds every time you do it, If you use hotkeys 100+times a minute, that almost a minute of your time saved. that means you are almost a minute ahead of your opponent who does not use hotkeys.
Back to top Go down
Wakeen

Wakeen

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:55 pm

If you use them 100+ times a minute, you are a god of typing. That's like 2 hotkeys per second man!
Back to top Go down
FighterAce

FighterAce

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:57 pm

its faster then typing. I dont even have to move my left hand around the keyboard. Its just like little controlled finger twitches Smile But really 100 times a minute is a realistic estimate for a game where i have good concentration (and kevin isnt making some bs noise)
Back to top Go down
Wakeen

Wakeen

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:59 pm

I might try this then

Time to configure the shit out of AoE
Back to top Go down
FighterAce

FighterAce

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Cool bro. I believe there is a file you can get that contains the hotkey config showed in the link. I didnt like EXACTLY how it was configured, so i did it all by hand. but really you should do this. its like insta +5 PR
Back to top Go down
Ozone

Ozone

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:07 pm

Rediculously fast hotkeys 7ee77787-2a06-4d05-9c36-27e7d5ee8bf1
Back to top Go down
FighterAce

FighterAce

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:07 pm

rts nerd talk thats what
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rediculously fast hotkeys   Rediculously fast hotkeys Empty

Back to top Go down

Rediculously fast hotkeys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AHS clan forums :: Age Of Empires-
Jump to: